1) We accept manuscripts by email submission only and only from the author (no agents).
2) Please send a summary of your work in an email along with the first three chapters as a
Word doc attachment. No other formats will be accepted. Do not send submissions in PDF.
3) Type the following in the subject line of your email: Submission (followed by your title).
For short story anthologies & poetry submissions include the entire manuscript. Poetry must be a minimum of 35,000 words.
Very Important Submission Requirement: READ THE PUBLISHING CONTRACT AND SUBMISSION GUIDELINES, THEN PASTE THE STATEMENT INDICATING YOU HAVE DONE SO IN YOUR EMAIL SUBMISSION
(if you fail to do so, your submission will not be responded to)
Please note that the contract is what you will be signing if offered; it is not subject to change. If you need clarification on any points, please ask when you submit.
I have read your website and contract and understand the content.
WE DO NOT ACCEPT CHAP BOOKS.
FULL-LENGTH MANUSCRIPTS ONLY. MINIMUM 45,000 WORDS.
WE DO NOT PUBLISH SINGLE SHORT STORIES; ONLY BOOK LENGTH MANUSCRIPTS ARE CONSIDERED
WE DO NOT CONSIDER SUBMISSIONS OF WORKS THAT ARE CURRENTLY OR HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED IN ANY VENUE OR FORMAT. ASK IF YOU THINK WE SHOULD MAKE AN EXCEPTION.
WE WILL NOT RESPOND TO SUBMISSIONS THAT ARE NOT IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW
1. Send submissions by email attachment as a Word document only.
2. On the first page of the manuscript include your name and your email/contact information.
3. Manuscripts should be in Times Roman 12 pitch, double spaced, with
No fancy fonts or page break symbols or FANCY FORMAT.
-Use *** to indicate scene breaks.
-Do not double space between paragraphs.
-Please do not copy and paste material into a manuscript; doing so creates a document that is incompatible with our typesetting program.
DO NOT USE TEXT BOXES IN YOUR MANUSCRIPT
4. If your manuscript contains graphics, describe their nature in the cover email. All graphics must be black and white. If the manuscript is approved for publication, all graphics must be provided as individual, high resolution (300 dpi minimum) jpegs. GRAPHICS MUST BE OWNED OUTRIGHT; WE DO NOT ACCEPT LICENSED/ROYALTY-FREE/COPYRIGHTED GRAPHICS.
5. The manuscript must be completed.
6. Indicate the word count for the entire manuscript in the email
7. Make sure your book is polished and all of your typos are corrected. Manuscripts with poor spelling and grammar and/or multiple typographical errors will be rejected.
8. EDIT, EDIT, EDIT! It is wise to have someone (other than a close friend or relative) edit your book. If you have not even done a spelling/grammar check, do not submit.
9. Only full-length manuscripts are accepted.
10. Author Marketing Plan is required. There are over 3,000 books published in the United States alone each week. What will you do to rise above the pack?
Please indicate in your submission:
~ What efforts you plan to market your book. In today's market, the author is pivotal in the success of any marketing strategy. What will you do to promote your book? What are your plans as an author regarding future books?
~ What is your platform? What have you done to become known as a writer generally and on your topic/subject matter? Who is your target audience?
~ What social networks are you active in?
~ Please send your submission to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will acknowledge receipt promptly, and will notify you of our decision in a timely manner.
Double check to be sure you have followed the SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS.